If you need urgent restorative dentistry treatment for tooth decay or for a sudden loss of tooth, your dentist may suggest you opt for cosmetic dentistry treatments in El Paso. Dentistry provides both dental crowns and implants as solutions for you. In our previous blog, we have explained 4 procedures followed in emergency dental implants treatment in El Paso. However, both are painless procedures. Each of the procedures has its benefits and disadvantages.
How Are Dental Implants Different From Dental Crown in El Paso?
A dental crown is usually made from porcelain, porcelain infused into metal and a new material known as zirconium to fit the top of the tooth. Cosmetic dental implants, on the other hand, replace the entire tooth with a titanium-infused root connected to the jawbone. Both dental crowns and implants mimic natural teeth closely.
Dental Crowns Treatment in El Paso:
- Dental crowns in El Paso provide support for the decayed, cracked or damaged teeth and hinders the process of decaying further.
- It can be used as a shield after finishing root canal procedures.
- Much economical alternative than dental implants and enhances dental aesthetics.
- It can trigger severe sensitivity.
- The risk of a chipped crown can get high.
Dental Implants Treatment in El Paso:
- Implants are usually long-lasting with a high success rate.
- It can be customized according to the dimension of your teeth.
- As per the requirement, implant dentistry in El Paso can replace many missing teeth.
- It is a very cost-effective procedure for replacing a missing tooth.
- With time the top restoration cap wears out. It needs to be replaced after several years.
- Your jawbone will need enough bone density to hold the dental implants.
- Often cosmetic dental implants and crowns are not covered by insurance offered by a dental clinic in El Paso.
- Primary investments for cosmetic dental implants are usually very costly.
- The whole procedure of dental implants is very time-consuming.
Many people have misconceptions about cosmetic dentistry procedures. They assume that both crowns and implants are the same procedure. They are two completely different modes of treatment. Before opting for any cosmetic dentistry treatment you must consult your dentist to understand the best choice suitable for you.
If you are looking to avail the most reliable cosmetic, pediatric, and general dentistry solutions approach Dr. Jake R. Williams, Dr. Kasallis, Dr. Shawn Beals or Dr. Alex Havig at Agave Dental Care. They have years of experience and expertise in different fields of dentistry and have served the community in El Paso for many years. To avail emergency dental care in El Paso book an emergency consultation please contact us at 915-755-7697 / 915-833-0303 right away.